Volunteer Management Training Course
Module 1: Planning for Volunteer Involvement
Do you feel your volunteer programme could be more successful? Or, do you want to involve volunteers but do not know where to start? This session will help you to ensure you successfully plan and prepare for involving volunteers in yourorganisation.
• Preparing for volunteer involvement
• Exploring why people choose to volunteer
• Identifying and developing volunteer role descriptions
Module 2: Volunteer Recruitment and Selection
How do you attract volunteers? What do you do if someone doesn’t seem like the right fit? This session will help to ensure you select the right person for the right volunteer role.
• Effective advertisement
• Screening techniques
• Interviews and Volunteer Selection
Module 3: Day-to-Day Management of Volunteers
Your volunteer starts today! What do you do now? This session will help you put in place a comprehensive management process to ensure your volunteer programme runs smoothly.
• Induction and volunteer agreements
• Support and supervision
• Resolving difficult situations
• Exit Interviews
Module 4: Designing a Policy for Volunteer Involvement
What is a volunteer policy? Why is it important and what should it include? Get things started - write your volunteer policy today!
• Defining policy
• Review of sample policies
• Designing and writing a volunteer policy